133 - 44th Street, Kentwood, Michigan 49648
THE AMERICAN LEGION IS BASED ON HONORABLE SERVICE WITH THE U.S. ARMED FORCES
ANY VETERAN THAT SERVED ACTIVE DUTY SINCE WWII TO THE PRESENT,
WITH AN HONORABLE DISCHARGE CAN JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States..
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably.
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post.
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership
must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
3. Membership Dues are $50 per year. Make checks payable to our Post listed above.
DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates above.
VETERANS APPPLYING FOR TRANSFERS FROM YOUR CURRENT POST TO OUR POST MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
a. COMPLETED MEMBER DATA FORM.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. MEMBERSHIP DUES ARE $50 PER YEAR. IF CURRENT DUES ARE NOT PAID, PLEASE PAY DUES FOR NEXT YEAR'S MEMBERSHIP